Thursday, March 22, 2007

teething

I sat down at the machine this afternoon and set her up for free machining. Placed the quilting foot and rethread bobbin. The bobbin , a red thread was a lighter than the top which technically should be the other way round but I reversed my canvas and she whizzied along very nicely. It was excellent having the paintbrush control effect again.

However, I started to get a few clogging problems when I forgot a few things. I don't think it is serious just have to remember. Usually when something goes wrong it is the sewers fault and it is a matter of going through the procedures systematically.

The machine is exceptionally fast which for me is fantastic as I have a lot of blanket cover work in threads and this will make the task quicker and easier for me.

My next sampling on the machine is to see how it really copes with multi layering , gold and silver and fine detail work.... will keep y'all posted.
I will post up samples when complete.....to both group and here.

No comments: