Thursday, January 17, 2008

collecting balm


I found a window space between all the rains that Wales has been inundated with this month and took the car up to the Gardens to meet up with Kristina to collect the raw material for which she had dried and stored for me at the Botanic Gardens.

My there was a goodly lot. I am so grateful.! Kristina during the course of last year when she was cutting back would pick up and dry and store in various places.

When I arrived and parked it took me a while to find her.. I went to reception, then up to the offices who tried to contact her on the walkie talkie ... it was then suggested that I go to the oust house? (not sure of the name) on the other side of the apothecary gardens. I walked through the dried river like beds and up around the garden behind the botanical cinema (which is amazing) and finally up into the house... I spoke to another gardener who again tried her on the walkie talkie and then suggested she might be upstairs in the offices... climbing up the narrow wooden stairway and under an eve and there she was.. it was great to see her again.

We talked away about news in the garden and the project as we were collecting ... then took them to my car and piled it up in the back of the terios. Decided to go for a hot drink at the cafeteria and chatted away some more .

I Climbed back into the car as twilight was beginning to change the light... enjoyed a different and much easier route home (thanks to Kristina) and the balm has been in my car drying out even more....

Mina has promised to help me crumble and store the herb as it is lying now waiting for attention.

No comments: