Saturday, February 23, 2008

umbrellas and skeins


Skeins into Balls
Originally uploaded by abalonee
My equipment finally arrived late last week. I had been keeping my sample skeins ready for balling and was eager to begin.

The umbrella is slightly different from the one in this picture and rotates on a base for ease of lifting off onto the ball winder. At first because I had bought the ballwinder on ebay it came with no instructions. It had wool wound round but when I need to wind mine it somehow got lost ! After some emailing to the States and some helpful photos back from Travis it fell into place and I was off! The sample skeins are wound ready for the next stage which is the experimental piece...

I am preparing myself as I have to get into a mind set before I sit down... I like to be calm and focused and need peace and quiet so that all attention is on what I am doing. Still waiting from the dyers in North Wales for some samples ... but I have a possible great supplier in the US who have been very quick and helpful . I would like to incorporate them both for this project..

No comments: